Four days of butterfly-themed activities for preschoolers! Each day, you’ll work on a variety of preschool skills including the alphabet, numbers, science, crafts, motor skills, and more.
This 150-page butterfly unit study is a great way to introduce preschoolers to butterflies while building early math and literacy skills.
Included in this butterfly unit study:
- a daily overview page featuring instructions for six activities
- 5 hands-on literacy activities
- 4 fine motor activities
- 7 hands-on math activities
- two science activities
- two butterfly crafts
- and more!
What books are on the recommended reading list?
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Hurry and the Monarch
- Velma Gratch and the Way Cool Butterfly
- Mr. McGinty’s Monarchs
There is a summary page for each of the books on the list.
What literacy activities are included?
- alphabet matching cards (uppercase/lowercase)
- alphabet letter hunt
- beginning sounds
- rhyming words
- letter tracing
What motor skills activities are included?
- butterfly line-tracing pages
- playdough mats
- pom pom mat
- snap cubes mat
- and more!
What math activities are included?
- count and clip cards (1-10)
- number sense (1-20)
- number cards
- count and color (1-20)
- ten frames
What crafts are included?
- butterfly life cycle craft
- crumpled paper butterfly
To download individual elements, click the buttons below: