These butterfly fine motor activities are the perfect addition to your preschool plans this spring and summer.
This mini-pack includes six fine motor activities with a fun butterfly theme. Kids can use all sorts of manipulatives to create butterflies with these fine motor challenges.
Preparing the Activity
Print and laminate the activity pages (except the dab-a-dot mystery image).
Completing the Activities
- Mystery Image – Have students use do-a-dot markers or crayons to reveal the mystery image following the color code at the bottom of the page.
- Pom Pom Mat – Students will place a small colored pom pom or button on each of the circles on the page. Then, count each color and write the number on the line.
- Snap Cube Mat – Preschoolers will use snap cubes to build a butterfly using the template provided. Then, they’ll count the colors used and write the number on the line.
- Pegboard Mat – Use pegs and a pegboard to build a butterfly. Count the colors used and write the number on the line.
- Geoboard – Use colored bands to build a butterfly on a plastic or wooden geoboard base. Count the colored bands and write the number on the line.
- Building Blocks – Use the template to build a butterfly with your favorite building blocks. You can build directly on this page or lay a clear base over the page. Count the colored blocks and write the number on the line.
What skills are taught?
- fine motor skills
- counting to 30
- number recognition to 5
- writing numbers to 30